Monday, March 28, 2011

Like David Bowie said...ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes...

Oh, this blog is so awkward. I know I'm just starting out, that once I get into the rhythm of things, that it'll work out and the funny little lumps will get worked out. I'll look back this time next year and laugh at myself. I'm trying not to take myself too seriously, to have a little bit of fun. After all, isn't that part of being an artist, being creative? :)

On a personal note, a few things are about to change. Anyone who knows me, and has known me for some length of time, knows I've been shy and introverted all my life. Well whaddya know, folks?! I'm trying to break out of that shell!

Really, it's been a long time coming. It started when I started cutting my hair two years ago. It was long. I mean, to the middle of my back. I had been toying with the idea of a pixie cut, but anytime I said anything to my mom, she'd give me The Look (you know which one I'm talking about). So I had it cut short, into kind of a shag. It looked nice, and I kept it that way from, oh, say, March until October of that year. At some point--September, I think--I began dying it a deep auburn color. By October,  I couldn't fight it anymore, the urge to go to a pixie cut was too strong (and my mom would just have to deal with it. "It's my hair," I said, "If it doesn't look good, it'll grow back. Guess who absolutely loved it when I got home from the salon? That's right. My mom.)

Now...well...I'm not going to say what I'm going to do just yet. I'll show you when it happens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment