Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So It Didn't Work Out Like I Planned

The "thing" I was going to do was dye my hair bright red. Alas, my hair is too dark, and I am not about to bleach it, it's too damaging. It was only semi-permanent dye, and it's already washed out. Such is life.

But I can tell you this...I will find a way to individualize myself. I've been invisible for too long and I have wanted--for oh so long--to break out of my shell. Anybody who knows me, knows I've struggled all my life with shyness. I want to turn it all around but I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I suppose, after all is said and done, it's a matter of forcing myself. Oh, boy...

I have yet to find my individual style in my artwork.  I love painting, but I do get tired of landscapes...it seems like that is all I ever paint. I am dying to get into more abstract work, as well as get into projects that involve more than just painting...things that involve cutting and sewing and beads and gadgets and doodads......mixed media art...I LONG to be able to create like the wonderful artists I see in some of the magazines I read! I know, it will come to me, over time as I experiment and invent my own techniques. Still, it's so frustrating to be in the infancy of the pursuit of my passion!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment